Healing circles are an intentional practice of collective care where we can explore our individual and collective healing. Circles transform peer-to-peer support, guided by a unique set of agreements that generate trust, hope, and resilience in an ongoing commitment to caring for one another and those entrusted to our care. Healing circles can be co-created with anyone, in any setting, involving two people or many, within two minutes to 90 minutes, in-person or online.
The sacredness of the healing circle moment allows us all to catch our breath and renew our strength to continue our work.A training participant
Healing Circles Training
This virtual training brings the practice of healing circles to the life, area of practice, and workplace of nurses and healthcare professionals.
The objectives of this foundational training include:
- Understanding the key elements of healing circles
- Reviewing specific applications in healthcare practice
- Developing skills to optimize a healing environment in a circle
- Gaining knowledge of the circle format, agreements, and roles
- Enhancing compassionate communication skills
- Experiencing a healing circle and reflecting on what takes place during the experience
- Practicing being a circle host and guardian
- Anticipating challenges that can take place in healing circles
Healing Circles Practicum
This virtual practicum and mentorship is designed for healthcare professionals who have completed the Healing Circles Training. It gives healthcare professionals the support they need to successfully implement healing circles within their organizations.
Full participation maximizes individual development, facilitates group cohesion, and makes implementing healing circles within organizations more effective.
- Deepen their knowledge and understanding of the agreements, ways to create a container of vulnerability, and connection with other participants in circle.
- Increase their comfort in navigating the various challenges and barriers that may arise in healing circles.
- Increase their comfort and a greater sense of noticing and sensing participants’ needs in facilitating healing circles.
- Develop approaches to making virtual circles richer, deeper, and more lively.
Acknowledge that there are no perfect circles.
- Experience a sense of self-compassion and ease when being a host or guardian.
NCAL Kaiser Healing Circles Practicum (Cohort 2)
Healing circles for trained hosts
Please join us for bi-monthly gatherings as we bring our collective voices together to reconnect, share stories, cross-pollinate best practices, and explore our own well-being. This circle brings together trained hosts from all the organizations that Healing Circles Healthcare has trained in so far.
You can register for one or both circles, and a single registration covers the entire series. On the day before each circle, you’ll receive an email reminder containing the Zoom link.
We look forward to seeing you!
Circle of Healthcare Hosts - Morning Session
Circle of Healthcare Hosts - Afternoon Session
Healing circles are groups of peers who support one another. The individuals who host Healing Circles do not provide medical or psychotherapeutic advice or treatment. Participation in a Healing Circle does not replace the care provided by a qualified healthcare professional.